Saturday, January 15, 2011

Define "Always"

I spoke with a friend tonight about the struggle my family and I encountered when I was diagnosed with TS and again later when my depression became apparent. It was not always obvious to me that my parents were concerned about helping me, and there were probably moments that their desire to do so waned slightly. They are burdened by the same human nature as the rest of us, something that I would never hold against them. In fact, the love that I see now that they had for me in the midst of trouble only points to the truly unfaltering love of God. Take a few minutes to really soak in these words; they have driven me to cry out in thanks for the perfection of the Father and His incessant desire to pursue us and receive our love in return.

He ever loves us in our brokenness
Weeps for every grief we face
Intercedes for us without ceasing
And bids us to receive His grace

His love protects us through the dark night
Never leaves us in our pain
He shelters us in His presence
In weakness, He perfects His strength

He ever loves us in our brokenness
In the cross He hides our shame
Forsaken by the Father
He died for us, He took our place

~Alex Mejias

No comments:

Post a Comment