Monday, June 6, 2011

Just Chillin in the Fridge

The temperature difference between the shade and in the sun right now has to be at least 20 degrees. In fact, on a day that I sweated from walking across campus, I am very near the edge of chilly after sitting in the shade for a couple hours. Ignoring my friend's cheeky explanation of how the sun/shade relationship works, I started thinking about things that help rejuvenate me. Here's the list I compiled, in no particular order.

1. Shade- As you probably gathered already, I particularly appreciate a drop in temperature on excessively warm days. I think that's normal for most people.

2. A cold drink- Duh. Everyone likes a glass of ice-cold lemonade when the daily highs start rivaling those on Mercury.

3. A cold shower- This one took a while to get used to. In true James Bond fashion, I slowly acquainted myself with the invigorating nature of cold showers. While it's not too appealing during the Boone winters, they certainly are refreshing after a game of ultimate.

4. Playing music- I'll also include listening to it (depending on what you're listening to). I've never quite understood why music is so powerful for me. All I know is when I'm having a crappy day, a couple hours with a guitar can easily change things.

5. Driving with the windows down- Riding on the parkway with fresh air flowing through the car is one of the most exhilarating things I can think of. Even though I usually think they're quite impractical and overrated, a convertible could be pretty nice some days. Also, Mom needs to let me get my motorcycle license. /end subliminal message

No comments:

Post a Comment