Sunday, November 8, 2009

Well I Didn't Vote for Ya

I talked to a friend very briefly about politics and society the other day, the second one of which I find much more the enjoyable than the first other. It was nice though, because we realized how much we need to change before we can affect other people. Specifically, to become intimate with others' lives, instead of scratching the surface and running away at any risk of a deeper relationship. Of course there are close friends, family, etc., but we rarely extent our care beyond that. I think the main reason isn't because we don't have time or don't want to be burdened by someone else, but rather that we just don't care. I sometimes find it very difficult to be concerned with whether or not the person sitting across from me in the cafe has had trouble at work this week. And maybe we aren't called to tune in to everyone's personal news channel, but I definitely think we need to do it more. Especially since we're going to pretend to do it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment